Having a clean and neat office space is important to your business. When clients or customers come to your space, they will judge your professionalism on the cleanliness of your business. There are a number of commercial cleaning companies to pick from so, how do you get the right one? These tips and tricks can help.
- Talk to business owners you know. Whenever you are looking for decent goods or services, one of the best ways to go about it is to get referrals from people you know and trust. Ask them what kinds of cleaning services they need and where they found the commercial cleaning company they use. You should ask more than just if they like working with the company but find out where and how they found them and what the process to find them was like.
- Go with someone who is local to you. Given the number of commercial cleaning companies you have to choose from, you should be able to go with one that is located near you. If the company is headquartered near you, you may be able to get a faster response if you need something done quickly. For example, if you have a problem and need a special clean up done right away, you might be able to get the cleaning company to your location sooner than if they are a franchise with a headquarters states away.
- Talk to a few commercial cleaning companies. Before you hire a commercial cleaning services company, it is important to take the time to talk to at least three. While you are doing that, you should make sure you get detailed estimates from all three. It is important to get the quotes in writing so that it is easier to compare and contrast. Another reason is that once you have contracted with a commercial cleaning company if you find they are not doing things as proposed or you have other issues, you can refer back to the paperwork you were given.
- Ask them all about the kind of insurance they carry. You need to make sure they have the appropriate amount of workers’ compensation and liability insurance. You should ask them about it but you also need to do what you can to verify everything that they tell you. If they do not carry the right amount of either kind of insurance, you can be on the hook for a lot if something should happen. Any amount of time you spend checking on this will be worth it when you gave greater peace of mind once you have signed on with a commercial cleaning services company.
- Ask about their staff. A commercial cleaning services company is really only as good as the people they hire. You should ask:
- How do you find your people? How the cleaning company find and hires its staff makes a big difference. You need to know they are trustworthy because most commercial cleaning companies work at night and when your staff is gone for the day.
- What is your turnover rate? Ideally, you will hire a commercial cleaning company that treats its people so well that they have almost no turnover. Given how often people change jobs today, that may not be feasible but you can find one that treats its people well.
- What kind of training do you provide? Commercial cleaning companies should provide some training because cleaning a business is not the same as cleaning a home.
- Ask about the cleaning products they use. You should seek out a company that uses green cleaning products. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor pollution levels can be anywhere between two and five times greater than those outside in a home. This difference can be even greater in businesses. One way to make your workspace healthier is to hire a commercial cleaning company that uses healthier products.
When people enter your business, you do not want them to even think about how clean it is. They should focus only on the goods or services you provide. There are a lot of commercial cleaning companies out there. You should be able to find one that meets all of your needs.